The new sommelier, Sam, at Bar Pintxo did an excellent job of suggesting a wine.
Rebisaca white wine
Happy hour at Bar Pinxto is a bargain! We were there at 4:15 and again had the 6 Pintxos for $6.00. It was the same selection as previously, but still delicious and a tremendous bargain.
1. Tuna Concerve, Anchovie, Cornichon
2. Mejillones Escabeche (mussel and roasted red pepper)
3. Serrano Jamon, Monchego cheese, fresh tomato
4. Huevos Rellenos con Vinagreta Vasca (deviled egg with Basque Vinaigrette)
5. Mushroom Escabeche (house conserved mushrooms, 25 year old sherry vinegar, truffle salt
6. Chorizo Bilbao, Cherry tomato
Empanadillas filled with chorizo and caramelized onions
Seared Calamari with garlic, lemon, parsley, olive oil – a slightly different preparation than the last time, but a must order!
This is a split order so it doesn’t show Bar Pintxo’s plating – Duck breast, catedral lentils with Bilbao chorizo and smoked bacon – delicious
Bar Pinxto is a fun place for a late lunch/early dinner that is definitely a bargain.