We used to have a huge persimmon tree, but it died. We did find a small persimmon tree and for the first time we finally got some persimmons.
Puny persimmon tree
Some Hachiya persimmons from our tree – not ripe yet – must be very soft for this recipe
1 cup persimmon pulp – put pulp in processor and then strain (can be frozen)
1 tsp soda
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 cups flour/sifted
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 cup raisins
1. Stir soda into pulp and set aside
2. Cream butter and sugar. Hand beat the egg into this mixture.
3. Hand-beat the pulp into the above mixture
4. Sift flour with the spices and baking powder. Add to the pulp mixture.
5 Stir in the raisins.
6. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto the greased cookie sheet.
7. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes
All that was left from a full batch